Continuing my cheerleading for this beautiful region ... ( following part 3)
Marlborough cherries - best in the world...!
31. Black garlic . Covered in chocolate ( optional - but delicious !)
32. Cherries . In abundance from November through January . My pick is in Jacksons Road . Heaven .
33. Our old school cinema -like cinemas used to be .
34. The pretty wind fans decorating the Labdscape - and turning into a Dantesque scene during frost season !
35. Arbour restaurant . Great people . Great values . Great food .
36. Olives . Everywhere . No excuses for not having your own healthy olive oil .
37. Blue cross . Great to donate to and also to find bargains .10 cent jam jars - say no more !
38. The Vines Village . Idyllic spot to visit , work ,hangout or just grab a taco (on Tuesday's ) and beer !
39. The people . Even if you're not a 4th generation Malburnian !
40. Blue skies . Summer and winter .
11 to go and hundreds to choose from !
Searching for the Good Life
Kia Ora and welcome. Since we moved to New Zealand’s South Island, to our little bit of paradise , I’ve been regularly asked by friends all over the world – why we did it, are we coping, do we miss city life and when will we be back, amongst other things. So I decided to start a blog to capture some of the stories and funny things that happen on an almost daily basis – as well as share my interpretation of ‘ the good life’ – mixed in with recipes using what’s available in the gardens, and wine . Lots of wine. Thanks for joining us.