11. Our Farmers Market . The best in produce from the area. Especially love Leah's freshly made cakes and bread from Mississippi Herbs , Cheese from Dan at Kaikoura Cheese and the best organic blueberries in the world from Windsong Orchard
12. The number of roundabouts ( or lack of them) !
13. Staying with the traffic theme. No traffic lights ! It took me a while to see what I was missing while driving through town!
14. The Wairau River. Icy glacial blue and fiercely beautiful. A wonderful walking companion.
15. Muffins at Saint Clair vineyard. In fact all the food and wine is great, as is the location, but the muffins are spectacular and worth a morning coffee visit !
16. The '10 minute' Blenheim travel mystery. Everywhere is within 10 minutes. How is that even possible....
17. Shops that still shut on Saturday afternoons.
18. The abundance of roadside olives - an untapped industry in itself.
19. Our local ( free) papers. Everything you need to know!
20. The abundance of cafe's and baking on site. From scratch. Not mixes. Heaven :)
Searching for the Good Life
Kia Ora and welcome. Since we moved to New Zealand’s South Island, to our little bit of paradise , I’ve been regularly asked by friends all over the world – why we did it, are we coping, do we miss city life and when will we be back, amongst other things. So I decided to start a blog to capture some of the stories and funny things that happen on an almost daily basis – as well as share my interpretation of ‘ the good life’ – mixed in with recipes using what’s available in the gardens, and wine . Lots of wine. Thanks for joining us.